According to predictions, the number of connected devices on the planet will reach 20.4 billion by 2023. This could improve home security, comfort, and convenience. Today, we’ll take a look at four major trends that will have an impact on home automation. How can you take advantage of these new home automation trends in the coming years?
1. Voice-First Devices: For starters, over 70% of smart home device users have expressed interest in managing their home automation using a voice-first interface. Virtual assistants like Google Home and Amazon Echo offer more convenience, hands-free control, and a simpler user experience. If you want to buy Home Automation in Medley, visit Pogo Security and get a huge range of security products.
2. Smart Appliances: Second, the use of smart appliances has been fueled by the rapid adoption of new technology and a government push toward energy efficiency. According to estimates, over 170 smart home appliances will be sold worldwide by 2020, allowing for more convenient and energy-efficient home automation.
3. Household Robots: By 2023, one out of every ten American households is expected to have a housekeeping robot. They’re made to keep an eye on your house and make your life easier. Cleaning robots can also be programmed to assist homeowners with daily chores. Jobs like cleaning all types of floors fall under this category. These intelligent cleaning robots can clean various types of flooring, including wood, tile, and carpet.
4. Wearable Technology: Finally, an increasing number of homeowners are incorporating wearable technology into their homes to improve security and convenience. This could allow homeowners to use mobile apps to remotely monitor and manage their smart devices. Wearable tech can be used to arm or disarm your security system, as well as gain instant access to the following smart devices:
- Remotely lock or unlock doors with door locks.
- When the garage door is left open or when you open a door, the system sends a message.
- Lights: Turn lights on and off to save energy or give the impression that someone is home while you are away.
- Surveillance cameras: View lives video from any security camera.
As a result, when properly installed, these automated devices can assist homeowners in staying connected to their homes at all times. Home automation advancements can help you improve home security, comfort, and convenience.
How can you take advantage of these new home automation trends? We’re here to assist you! Contact us today to speak with one of our experts about your requirements. To learn more, please give us a call at 1800-764-6369 or fill out the contact form.