With so many options, it’s easy to become overwhelmed when shopping for Security Cameras. How do you know if you really need a certain option or if it’s a waste of money? Here are some factors to consider when selecting Security Cameras for your home or business.
What Do You Want Security Cameras to monitor?
The first thing to consider is how the cameras will be used. Just because a camera is the most expensive or feature-rich on the market does not mean it is the best for your needs. Your response to the question will have an impact on the rest of the decision-making process.
Understand Camera Capabilities
When shopping for Security Cameras in Medley, look for two important numbers:
The focal length of a camera determines how far it can see. In general, the focal length of a camera lens is equal to its size in millimeters.
The angle of a camera’s peripherals is defined as its field of view. A camera with a 60-degree lens can see within 60 degrees of the center on both sides.
Consider the Lighting
- CCTV cameras, like any other camera, require light to function, so consider the lighting in the area you want to monitor.
- Lighting support – Install lighting in monitored areas. This can save you money on expensive night-vision cameras, but it will raise your energy bill.
- Low-light imaging – Cameras with low-light imaging are designed to perform well in low-light conditions.
- The most popular low-light option is infrared (IR). Infrared cameras use infrared light to produce a clear image even in the darkest environments.
- Thermal – creates a picture by using heat rather than light.
Consult the Experts at Pogo Security
If you’re having trouble deciding on the best Security Camera for your home or business, consulting an expert can be beneficial. Pogo Security has years of experience working with homeowners and business owners to find customized security solutions that meet all of their needs.Please contact us at 1800-764-6369 or fill out the contact form to learn more.